Make your own eco-friendly home cleaning products
With so many people putting eco-friendly or homemade cleaners and polishes to the test, the recipes for homemade household products have evolved to be more efficient and less affordable, which means you not only save money on your monthly grocery bill, but you also have a healthier home. The majority of household cleaners on the market are no better than these tried and tested homemade options, so why not make a change for the better!
This recipe for a homemade cleaner is eco-friendly and great for cleaning just about anything. From dirty sinks to grubby countertops, this homemade cleaner will bust grease and disinfect. The addition of vinegar breaks down bacteria, while hydrogen peroxide naturally cleans and shines. Plus, this squeaky-clean concoction only costs cents per bottle.
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Borax
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 2 cups hot water
- Juice of one lemon
- Sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Essential oil (optional)
- Mixing bowl and whisk
- Measuring cups or spoons
- Spray bottle
- Buy the ingredients needed for making the all-purpose cleaner in bulk and save even more money. Larger packs cost less and you will always have what you need on hand.
- Add borax to a mixing bowl and cover with the hot water, whisking until incorporated.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and lemon to the bowl and give the mixture a gentle stir.
- Pour the cleaner into the spray bottle and top with a few drops of your favourite essential oil or a sprig of rosemary for a fresh, scented spray. Now you are all set to spray on countertops or sinks and then wipe clean.