Make this skateboard rack for your kids, or it's a great gift idea. We sprayed ours with Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint.
We made the skateboard shelf using 16mm SupaWood. You can make out of laminated pine and stain with Woodoc Gel Stain or tinted Woodoc 5 or 10 interior sealer, if you prefer a more natural finish. You can also choose from a wide range of colours if you want to use Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint. See the full range of Rust-Oleum products at your local Builders Warehouse..
All pieces 16mm SupaWood
2 of 178 x 714mm - sides
2 of 80 x 250mm - stretchers
2 of 180 x 350mm - feet
Rust-Oleum 2X in your choice of  colours
4 x 30mm smooth shank screws 
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits, incl countersink bit
Tape measure and pencil
Buy all the materials and supplies for this project at your local Builders Warehouse.
1. For the feet, mark the  180 x 350mm pieces with a half circle and cut out with a jigsaw.
2. Measure and mark for the cut-out slots on the side at 260mm, 295mm, 420mm, 455mm, 580mm and 615mm. Also mark a 6-degree angle from front to back on the bottom of the sides. This allows the sides to tilt backwards as shown in the main pic. Each slot is 35mm wide and 125mm long and is angled at 20-degrees downwards so that the skateboards can be slotted in place easily.
3. Use a template (a lid or top) that is 35mm in diameter to mark a circle shape at the end of each slot and then cut these out with a jigsaw.
4. Sand all the cut edges with 120-grit sandpaper before putting down newspaper or a drop cloth and spraying with Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint in your choice of colours.
GOOD TO KNOW: Rub and smooth wood filler over the cut edges to reduce absorption.
GOOD TO KNOW: Shake the can well and follow the instructions for proper application. Always allow each coat to dry properly before applying the next coat. Let the final coat dry overnight. Always work in a well-ventilated space out of direct sunlight.
5. Drill 3mm countersunk pilot holes through the feet and into the sides, as shown above.
6. Mount the stretchers in the same way. The first stretcher is 250mm up from the bottom, and the second stretcher is 400mm up from the bottom.