Gorgeous paper Xmas trees
These cute paper Xmas trees were a craft project over at Salt Harbor Designs, but we think these are so easy and simple that it's definitely a project to be shared. The trees are made using sheets of music for some trees, book pages for others, and even children's books for a youthful tree. They are adorable grouped together on a mantle or table. Creating templates of the different size squares makes creating the layers really easy. It is a fun craft for children too, because the squares do not need to be perfect. Imperfections only add to the character of each tree.
You will need:
1. Put styrofoam in the base of a pot and stick a skewer in the foam.
2. Cover the base of the pot with moss.
3. Rip pages out of an old book and cut or tear the pages into squares. You will need about 20 squares of 8 different sizes starting with 10cm and descending to 2cm in 1 cm increments.
4. Starting with the largest squares, poke the pages onto the skewer. Continue to add squares largest to smallest.
5. If you wish, add a miniature star, pine cone or ball to the top of the skewer.
[ via ]