DIY Children's Play Tent
A great gift for a young child, or a wonderful way to occupy them in the holidays, make this DIY play tent.
This fun play tent is just the thing to keep children occupied during the holidays. It's also a great gift idea for parents or grandparents to make for young children looking for adventure!
4 of 22 x 44mm x 1200mm PAR pine - front/back battens
1 of 22 x 44mm x 1100mm PAR pine - base side batten
1 of 22 x 44mm x 1050mm PAR pine - base side batten
1 of 25mm diameter x 1200mm pine dowel - centre fabric support
Fabric, 2500 x 1200mm
8 of 4 x 40mm cut screws
Bosch Drill/Driver plus assorted bits
Spade bit or MAD bit, 25mm diameter
Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver with cutter attachment
Bosch Orbital Sander plus 240-grit sanding pads
Buy all the tools for this project at your nearest Builders store.
The Bosch Tacker is a cordless staple gun powered by lithium-ion technology. The ergonomic design provides comfortable handling, even over long periods and lightweight design eliminates hand fatigue. Use the Bosch Tacker for all your small upholstery or stapling projects.
GOOD TO KNOW: Sand all the individual pieces smooth before assembly.
1. Have everything you need cut to size at your local Builders.
2. Drill a 24mm diameter holes with a spade bit or MAD bit at a height of 1100mm.
3. Place the battens together, one over the other and place them on one end of the pine dowel. Repeat for the other side.
GOOD TO KNOW: The drilled hole should be a tight fit to secure the battens firmly on the pine dowel.
4. Screw the shorter (1050mm) base side batten to the inner front/back side battens, and the 1100mm base side batten to the outer front/back battens.
5. Cut the fabric to fit over the frame, allowing extra to fold over at the bottom edges. Place the fabric over the frame and pull taut. Wrap the ends around the ground battens - from the outside to the inside.
6. Secure the fabric to the base battens with a Bosch Tacker.
Now the kids can pack up all their camping essentials for a fun adventure in the garden!