Set the mood with these beautiful lantern frames that will light up the night when entertaining outdoors.
YOU WILL NEED:
4 of 400mm x 22mm x 22mm pine PAR – vertical sides, frame
8 of 150mm x 22mm x 22mm pine PAR – horizontal sides, frame
2 of 150mm x 40mm x 12mm pine PAR – top, inner frame
2 of 126mm x 40mm x 12mm pine PAR – top, inner frame
1 of 220mm x 220mm x 22mm lam pine – base
3 x 25mm chipboard screws
Rust-Oleum spray paint, metallic copper
Drill/Driver plus assorted bits
Tape measure and pencil
1. Assemble the top inner frame using the  150mm and  126mm inner frame pieces. Place the short pieces between the long pieces and join together using wood glue and screws.
GOOD TO KNOW: For all joints, use a 2mm bit to drill a pilot hole and countersink the holes.
2. Secure the top horizontal frame to the top inner frame, making sure the pieces are aligned at the top, bottom and sides. Use wood glue and screws to join together.
3. Place a vertical side between the top horizontal frame pieces, making sure everything is perfectly aligned before securing with wood glue and a screw. Repeat for the remaining  sides.
4. Use the remaining pieces to finish off the frame.
5. Place the completed frame on the base piece and align before marking the position with a pencil. Use wood glue and screws to secure through the base and into the frame sections.
Fill all holes with pine wood filler and leave to dry before sanding smooth. To finish, apply Rust-Oleum metallic copper to the assembled lantern.