Cheesy chicken strips
These cheesy chicken strips, using Bakers Kips to crumb, are a delicious, low oil alternative to fried chicken. Ideal on a snack platter or for a yummmmy lunch treat to fill up little tummies!
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- salt and milled black pepper
- 250 ml plain buttermilk
- 100 g Bakers Kips, spring onion flavour
- 65 ml freshly grated parmesan
- or mature cheddar cheese
- 65 ml finely chopped parsley
- 125 ml cream
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 65 ml tomato sauce
- 4 whole spring onions, finely chopped
1. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Flatten each strip of chicken with a rolling pin or a mallet.
2. Place in a glass bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Add the buttermilk and stir. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Place the Bakers Kips in the processor and process into fine crumbs. Add the parmesan or cheddar cheese and parsley and pulse until combined. Transfer to a shallow dish.
4. If necessary, drain the chicken pieces lightly and dip them in the crumbs, making sure they are properly coated. Arrange them in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and bake in the oven pre-heated to 190 ºC for 8 minutes or until cooked and golden.
5. Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients and spoon into a serving bowl. When the chicken is cooked to your liking, arrange on a platter and serve with the dipping sauce on the side.
Makes about 30.
PS: If you love garlic, add 5 – 10 ml puréed garlic to the buttermilk and if you love chillies, add finely chopped chilli to taste. And if you love both, add both! For keep them plain for perfect kiddies snacks!