Personal wall art for kid's rooms
This project uses small blocks of SupaWood to create personalised wall art for a child's bedroom or nursery.
Blocks of 12mm or 16mm SupaWood (leftover offcuts are perfect)
Acrylic craft paint in your choice of colours
ModPodge or clear acrylic sealer
Cut out images or printed photos
1. Sand the blocks smooth before you begin and then paint each block in a different colour. Coordinate the colours on the blocks with colours already in the room, or use pastel or bold colours to make an instant feature.
2. Neatly cut out the images or printed photos.
3. Apply a liberal coat of ModPodge or clear acrylic sealer to the back of each image or photo.
4. Place the images on the block and use the paintbrush and a liberal amount of ModPodge or clear acrylic sealer to smooth onto the block. You need to apply 3 to 4 coats in total - letting each coat dry before applying the next coat. After the first coat has dried you can apply sealer over the entire block.
5. Use No More Nails double-sided tape to mount the blocks onto the wall.