Spotlight on World Food Day
Food brings people together, it nurtures and makes people smile. World Food Day is happening on 16 October 2016 and is dedicated to appreciating the value of the food that we have.
World Food Day is happening on 16 October 2016 and is dedicated to appreciating the value of the food that we have. Food brings people together, it nurtures and makes people smile. Food should be celebrated every day!
Glad honours food - not only today, but every day - by making sure that their range of products preserve it and encouraging less waste; the proper storage and protection of food will decrease waste significantly. Every little bit counts!
Tips for food protection:
- Store extra onions, mushrooms and grated cheese in a Zip Seal Resealable Freezer Bag and put them in the freezer to use for filling omelettes or topping steaks and hamburgers.
- Vegetables that have been opened can be put into Multi-Fresh Food Bags to keep them fresher for longer.
- Cover bowls of food with Cling Wrap to prevent the food from drying out and then ultimately being thrown away.
- Freeze bread using large Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags and only take out slices that you need – the bread will last almost double its lifetime.
- Pre-preparing meals using perishables in the fridge and then freezing those meals will not only ensure you use the products that could potentially whither and go off. It will also save you time on cooking. Meals can be frozen in the Glad Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags.
- Keep food organised and labelled using Zip Seal Resealable Sandwich bags and Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags to avoid cross-contamination between food groups. This will also help keep fridge organised so over-buying is avoided.
Glad products are made for your convenience to keep your food fresh for longer. Visit www.glad.co.za for more details.